Our ENT doctors provide compassionate voice and throat care. Call us: 912-351-3030
Did you know that roughly 18 million Americans have reported a problem with their voice? A voice problem can take many forms. For instance, you may have a voice problem if you repeatedly clear your throat, you are experiencing a newfound difficulty to sing, or you have to put in an effort to speak. These may be signs of a throat condition which, if not taken care of properly, can affect your overall life. If you have a throat condition, our doctors are happy to help you overcome it.
To avoid a throat condition, you must take care of your vocal cords! Consider the following tips:
- Avoid clearing your throat often, as this can injure your vocal cords.
- Avoid straining your vocal muscles when singing.
- Designate a quiet time where you don’t speak.
- Drink enough water, as this keeps your vocal cords lubricated.
- Eliminate yelling, as this strains your vocal cords.
- Minimize how often you talk when you’re sick.
- Quit smoking, as this increases your chance of throat cancer.
- Use a humidifier to add moisture to the air.
- When speaking to large crowds, use a microphone to eliminate the need to yell.
Our doctors are very passionate about helping people overcome their throat or voice issues. Depending on your condition, we have a wide variety of treatments available. They can discuss your treatment options and answer all your questions.
Do you think you have a throat condition? Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us.